Wednesday 21 March 2012

a little Mother lovin'

After two years of  Mother's days and birthdays apart it was a pleasure last Sunday to shower my Mom with a little Mother's day sugar. She's such an inspiration to me in so many ways. Like the way she accepts and never judges me, her support for absolutely anything I choose to put my hand to, and the breathing space she has always given me to learn and grow.

I remember when I was 11 and she was a subtitute teacher at my school. The girls in her class would run up to me in the playground and tell me how great she was. I felt so cool.



She was the kind of mom then who would sit on the edge of my bed at night reciting shel silverstein poetry and making up half the words, who always encouraged me to write and who bought me a pack of stickers every single saturday. She's the kind of mom now who sits and does crosswords with me on the sofa, tells me to listen to the lyrics of a leonard cohen track and think about my boyfriend and who cooks the most delicious sunday roasts. i can only hope to be such a mother one day.
i'm lucky to have her.

Beautiful and loved.

Mother's Day sugar :)


No comments:

Post a Comment