Sunday 24 February 2013

the sunday slowdown



There's nothing a little tea and a sweet letter can't fix.
I love the peace and the quiet of a Sunday,
the way it bookends the week with a little pocket of solitude and wind-down time.
This day of the week keeps me sane and centered.
I dance to a slower melody.

Today I checked the mailbox and found the sweetest snail mail from a dear friend who knew exactly what I needed to lift me out of a little mood rut.
I made myself a hot cup of British tea to remind me of home, set out fresh roses and set aside an hour to slow sip, read over fond memories and just be.
I'm forever blessed to realize I have friendships that have survived time and distance and prolonged absence.

Swoony, cozy, cups of tea-filled Sundays are where it's at.
^^







12 comments:

  1. Lovely post Louise, you also look very like Taylor Swift, a nice compliment I hope:-) have a great sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I've never heard that one before but I surely do take it as a compliment haha!! thank you Poppy!!

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute post. I agree, tea solves most things and Sunday's are definitely a sanity day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beloved seventh day of rest! What would we be without it!!

      Delete
  3. What a simple, beautiful post. Very inspiring for this Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't beat a cup of tea... especially Yorkshire tea, or Twinings!
    That looks like the sweetest of letters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss Twinings SO much, but it's too expensive out here :(
      I usually get my mam to send me good ol' PG Tips in the post!

      Delete
  5. Those are the best friendships - the ones that start where you left off, no matter how long it's been since you've seen each other.

    What a great relaxing Sunday - tea and a sweet letter from your friend [the card is so cute].

    Have a wonderful week, Lou.

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly so Victoria!
      Have a wonderful week too x

      Delete
  6. mmm tea my fav! what a nice relaxing drink.
    come swing by my ~Giveaway if you have time, it's for a pair of earrings, and the draw is tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing beats a good cuppa, it's my magic all cure elixir >.<

      Delete