Wednesday 12 June 2013

the record collector














Ever since I was a little girl my Dad has visited record stores, fairs, flea markets and festivals collecting records and music memorabilia.
Americana has always been the cornerstone of my memory and sense of home...even in leafy suburban South London where I grew up.
In every house we've ever owned my dad has had what we all call his 'music room'~ a room where he proudly displays his thousands of records, vinyl, tapes and concert merchandise.
That's Willie Nelson's cowboy hat above which my dad caught when he threw it into the crowd at a show in the eighties.
Some of my earliest and most cherished memories are of flipping through row upon row of dusty vinyl stacked in boxes in our local mom n' pop new and used record shop near where I grew up. I'm sure that store is probably long gone by now.
To me there's no one cooler than my old man. With his music room and hippy heart and clock in the shape of his favourite state in all of America.
God bless 'im!
x

12 comments:

  1. ummmm this is seriously awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crumbs! Your dad has one of Willie Nelson's hats!!! That is pretty much the coolest thing ever. Clearly you are meant to be living in the US, you were practically born to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! Seriously when I called home from Korea and told my family I was dating a guy named Dallas they almost didn't believe me, it was just too perfect >.<

      Delete
  3. That's ridiculous. Willie Nelson's hat? Your dad is my new hero. And I wish I had that much music! xx

    Allie @ callmesassafras.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Allie! I passed it on to my Dad and he grinned from ear to ear ^^

      Delete
  4. Your Dad is awesome. End of x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an amazing room! So very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so used to it by now but sometimes when I'm in there I stop and think "this is actually pretty cool" hehe! >.<

      Delete
  6. Like a couple of other commenters, I am totally in awe of the fact you have one of Willie Nelson's cowboy hats in your house. That's so cool! (Also, I may want to become a cat burglar now...!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I'll let my dad know he should keep it in an exhibit box under lock and key from now on ^.~ xx

      Delete